Trips and Adventure
Trips Off Camp – easy as
A, B, C!
We are unique at Camp Schodack in offering three different types of trips, all at no extra charge. Most days of the summer there is a trip leaving camp and we encourage campers to experience some of them!
A – For Adventure!
We have a wonderful Adventure Program. Each camper is able, if they wish, to spend the night camping out with their friends and staff in our own picturesque 60-acres of private forest. In addition, we offer the following terrific optional off-camp Adventures:
- Whitewater Rafting or Whitewater Kayaking trips through the Zoar Gap on the Deerfield River in MA. (With our Staff & Professional Guides)
- Rock Climbing trips to Moss Island in Little Falls, NY where campers experience the thrill of rock climbing on 40 to 80 foot rock faces. (With our Staff & Professional Guides)
- Day and overnight hiking and backpacking trips, including the spectacular sites of Mt. Greylock with its 360-degree view of the Berkshires, Bear Mt. and the Adirondacks.
- Horseback rides with a picnic lunch on beautiful trails in our woods.
- Gorgeous mountain biking excursions on local mountain biking trails.
B – For Bunk Trips!
Twice each session an entire age division goes on a fun out-of-camp trip. These trips are led by Assistant Directors, Head Staff and Bunk Counselors, and we return in time for dinner at camp.
Some of the most popular trips include:
- Six Flags in Agawam, MA (the traditional finale to the summer & everyone goes!)
- Zoom Flume Water Park (usually the first trip of summer & everyone goes!)
- Cooperstown Baseball Hall of Fame
- Springfield Basketball Hall of Fame
- Howe Caverns
- Ice skating, roller skating, bowling
C – For Cultural Trips!
Schodack has a commitment to the arts as well as to sports. We are fortunate to be close to some of the world’s greatest performance venues. We invite campers to take a chance on something they may never have tried but feel they might enjoy… and they love it!
- Boston Pops at Tanglewood
- Opera Saratoga in Saratoga, NY
- NY City Ballet at Saratoga Performing Arts Center
- World-renown dance ensembles at Jacob’s Pillow, Beckett, MA
- Museum of Contemporary Art (MASS MOCA) in Adams, MA
- Norman Rockwell Museum (Stockbridge, MA)
- Sterling & Francine Clark Art Institute (Williamstown, MA)
Now you’ve learned your A-B-C’s…