Trips Off Camp – easy as
A, B, C!
We are unique at Camp Schodack in offering three different types of trips, all at no extra charge (we even hand out pocket money on weekly trips). Virtually every day of the summer there is a trip leaving camp and we encourage campers to experience some of them!
A – For Adventure!
We have a wonderful Adventure Program. Each camper is able, if they wish, to spend the night camping out with their friends and staff in our own picturesque 60-acres of private forest. In addition, we offer the following terrific optional off-camp Adventures:
- Whitewater Rafting or Whitewater Kayaking trips through the Zoar Gap on the Deerfield River in MA. (With our Staff & Professional Guides)
- Rock Climbing trips to Moss Island in Little Falls, NY where campers experience the thrill of rock climbing on 40 to 80 foot rock faces. (With our Staff & Professional Guides)
- Day and overnight hiking and backpacking trips, including the spectacular sites of Mt. Greylock with its 360-degree view of the Berkshires, Bear Mt. and the Adirondacks.
- Caving trips to the exciting pitch-black indoor caves of the Albany Indoor Rock Gym.
- Horseback rides with a picnic lunch on beautiful trails in our woods.
- Gorgeous mountain biking excursions on local mountain biking trails.