A message from The Krouners:
Our family has always been deeply committed to making the Schodack experience available to a more diverse population of campers. To accomplish this, we began personally scholar-shipping campers in 2004. In addition, we spearheaded the establishment of The Schodack Campership
Initiative (SCI) because we wanted to give Schodack alumni and current families the opportunity to join us in this wonderful endeavor. Operated by Camp Schodack alumni and parents, SCI is a non-profit organization dedicated to sharing the Schodack experience with children who come from underrepresented backgrounds.
Our family will always offer these camperships because we have seen how it enriches the camp experience for everyone and we hope others, through SCI, will join us in this endeavor.
To that end, the SCI Board is excited to make two announcements…
* Recently, there was an installation of a new executive board. Please join us in welcoming…
– Brett Cohen, President
– Andrew Lief, Vice-President
– Greg Maltzman, Treasurer
– Leah Zygler, Clerk
– Sydney Blumstein, Board Member
– Brian Snerson, Board President Emeritus
– Ben April, Board President Emeritus
Also, please join us in thanking outgoing Board President Ben April and Board Vice-President Larry Klein. Under their leadership and guidance, SCI has averaged two camperships per year over the past several years.
* You can become a permanent part of Camp Schodack by participating in the SCI Brick Campaign. SCI is selling bricks and will be creating a beautiful walkway with them on camp. Leave a lasting impression on camp by sharing your family name, favorite bunk or a special memory from camp. Bricks cost $250 each. For more information and to register, click to: http://www.scicharity.org/