We know lots of questions can arise when getting ready for your child’s summer at camp, so we’ve put together a checklist to help make the process as smooth as possible! Whenever you have a question…we’re here to help!
- Parent Information: In late January, you’ll receive emails containing lots of information about forms that need to be completed, our clothing list and other info. Our Parent Handbook will be posted to CampInTouch at this time too, which offers important information about camp, how to write to your camper, who to call, and an overview of camp policies. Keep this handy throughout the summer for quick access!
- Packing List: We try to make our Packing List as straightforward as possible to ensure that everyone brings mostly the same stuff to camp. You will order your Schodack shirts and sweatshirt directly from The Camp Spot, our clothing provider. Remember to LABEL EVERYTHING!! Sew-in, stick-on, iron-on, stamp-on – even Sharpies work!! And please note: our packing list is the same whether your child is here for one session or full season!!
- Meds at Camp: If your child takes daily medication, you must register with our local provider, Nassau Pharmacy. Easy directions are included in your Parent Packet.
- Duffle Bags: You’ll need to ship two duffle bags to camp (or bring them on New Camper Day, for first-timers) as we don’t have room under our buses for camper bags. Easy sign-up for Ship Camps and Camp Baggage service is included in the Parent Packet.
- Big/Little Program: In the late spring, all new campers will be contacted by their “BIG” – one of our Leadership Trainees who will be a” big brother” or “big sister” to your camper and will help them ease into camp!
- New Camper Day: Two weeks before opening day, all new families will spend an awesome day at camp, meeting other new families, playing games, checking out your child’s bunk, and enjoying your first camp lunch!
- First day of camp! Sharing the events and excitement of the first day of camp can help your child be prepared – on New Camper Day we’ll provide an “opening day” outline for you to share with your camper to help them get ready for their first day at Schodack!
- Book Lodging for Visiting Day!! Local hotels fill early, so make a reservation now if you plan to stay over the night before or after! Click here for suggested lodging.
||New Camper Day
| July 20
||Parents' Visiting Day
| July 20
||End of First Session
| July 21
||Beginning of Second Session
| August 14
||End of Camp